Stool examination in the BIOMES-laboratory
A laboratory stool test provides you with valuable information about your intestinal dwellers and whether they completely fulfil their important tasks. You decide for yourself whether you want to order a stool test from our laboratory privately: a visit to the doctor is not necessary.
Private stool examination: Why?You wonder why you should order a stool test from a private laboratory - and pay for it yourself?
- because we provide you with a comprehensive analysis of your intestinal bacteria - and can draw many conclusions from it, namely on your digestion, your immune system or a possible tendency to intolerances.
- because our test according to latest scientific standards 1 shows what is out of balance in your intestine.
- because with our individual recommendations you can sustainably improve your well-being on the basis of your test result.
Procedure of stool examination in the BIOMES-laboratory
The most important about our test:
- You take the sample yourself by wiping it off the toilet paper with a cotton swab.
- The procedure requires only a small amount of stool.
- The liquid in the sample vessel keeps the intestinal bacteria alive without cooling.
- All you need for the test will be sent to you by mail.
- The stool diagnosis in the laboratory takes about two to three weeks.
- Then you can view the results in your personal dashboard in a clear and comprehensive way.
Tips for sample collection
Basically, your part in the stool examination - taking the stool sample - is child's play. However, there are a few tips you can follow:
- you want to get to the bottom of concrete complaints? Then take the stool sample at a time when the symptoms occur.
- you want to have a picture of your bowel in normal condition? Choose a normal day for sampling where you have eaten normally, are not abnormally stressed and no party night is behind you.
- about 75 % of your intestinal flora is stable. So you can't do too much wrong if you choose the time of your stool sample.
- take the stool sample relaxed at home, without time pressure and completely discreet.
1. Cao Y, Fanning S, Proos S, Jordan K and Srikumar S. A Review on the Applications of Next Generation Sequencing Technologies as Applied to Food-Related Microbiome Studies. Front. Microbiol. 2017, 8:1829. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmicb.2017.01829/full ↩