Stool examination in the laboratory from BIOMES
A stool analysis in the laboratory provides you with valuable information about your intestinal dwellers and whether they completely fulfil their important tasks. You decide for yourself whether you want to order a stool analysis in our laboratory privately: a visit to the doctor is not necessary.
Private stool examination: Why?You wonder why you should order a stool examination in a private laboratory - and pay for it yourself?
- because we provide you with a comprehensive analysis of your intestinal bacteria - and can draw many conclusions from it, namely on your digestion, your immune system or a possible tendency to intolerances.
- Because our test according to latest scientific standards 1 shows what is out of balance in your intestine.
- because with our individual recommendations you can sustainably improve your well-being on the basis of your test result.
Procedure of stool examination in the BIOMES-laboratory
The most important about our test:
- You take the sample yourself by wiping it off the toilet paper with a cotton swab.
- The procedure requires only a small amount of stool.
- The liquid in the sample vessel keeps the intestinal bacteria alive without cooling.
- All you need for the test will be sent to you by mail.
- The stool diagnosis in the laboratory takes about two to three weeks.
- Then you can view the results in your personal dashboard in a clear and comprehensive way.
Tips for sample collection
Basically, your part in the stool examination - taking the stool sample - is child's play. However, there are a few tips you can follow:
- you want to get to the bottom of concrete complaints? Then take the stool sample at a time when the symptoms occur.
- you want to have a picture of your bowel in normal condition? Choose a normal day for sampling where you have eaten normally, are not abnormally stressed and no party night is behind you.
- about 75 % of your intestinal flora is stable. So you can't do too much wrong if you choose the time of your stool sample.
- take the stool sample relaxed at home, without time pressure and completely discreet.
1. Cao Y, Fanning S, Proos S, Jordan K and Srikumar S. A Review on the Applications of Next Generation Sequencing Technologies as Applied to Food-Related Microbiome Studies. Front. Microbiol. 2017, 8:1829. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmicb.2017.01829/full ↩