Tips for a healthy diet
This indicates a healthy diet
What does a balanced diet consist of? The German Nutrition Society (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ernährung e. V) recommends the following ten simple rules when eating. These include:
- Use the diversity of healthy foods and drinks to add variety to your diet.
- Take five portions of fruit and vegetables a day
- Reach for bread, rice and noodles with the wholemeal variant.
- Eat meat only in moderation, fish two to three times a week and consume dairy products daily.
- Use vegetable oils.
- Use herbs instead of salt in your dishes and reduce your sugar consumption as much as possible.
- Drink enough – preferably only calorie-free drinks such as water or unsweetened teas (at least 1.5 liters per day).
- Always prepare your food gently so that as much of the nutrients as possible are preserved. An excellent preparation method is steam cooking.
- Take enough time to eat and don't rush.
- Keep an eye on your weight and make sure you move regularly and sufficiently. You can do this in everyday life, for example by taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
Of course, you don't have to miss out on one or two snacks at a movie night with friends or in between in the office if you want to eat healthy. Don't stick to chocolate or gummy bears, but rather eat dried fruit, nuts or fruit. Instead of greasy chips, salt or sesame sticks are excellent
Declare healthy eating a family task
It is particularly important to teach children a healthy diet right from the start. In order to be able to adopt a balanced lifestyle, the entire family must pull together when it comes to changing their diet. To eat as little sugar and sweets as possible becomes therefore a matter of course and is part of everyday life. Regular meals together with the whole family also promote healthy eating habits. In addition, both children and parents should exercise regularly and a lot.
If you are overweight, a diet plan can help you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight. In combination with regular check-ups with your family doctor, an individual diet plan can help you to react in time to possible abnormalities such as high blood pressure. Such a plan also considers intolerances, allergies or chronic intestinal inflammations.
The best thing: If you eat a balanced diet, you will feel the positive effects not only physically but also mentally. Because if you do something good for your body, you will be rewarded with a sense of well-being that cannot be replaced by anything else.