If you have already purchased your test and would like to send in your sample, this is not a problem: all samples are stored professionally if they cannot be analysed immediately. As soon as this step is taken, a notification of sample receipt will be sent by e-mail. Don’t worry, the DNA of your intestinal bacteria is safely preserved in the liquid in the sample container, so the sample does not lose its validity.
If you have any questions, the BIOMES customer service is there for you as usual. Just send an e-mail to: email@example.com
We will assist and advise you as best as we can!
What advice can BIOMES experts currently give?
M.Sc. Philipp Franke, Laboratory Manager of BIOMES, advises not to panic. “Panic does not help anyone. It is important to wash your hands regularly, not to get too close to other people and to stay at home when you feel sick. I advise against the excessive use of disinfectant, because the virus can be washed off with soap. It is important to touch your face as rarely as possible and to cough in your elbows instead of your hands”.
Philipp Franke’s tips in a nutshell:
- Panic causes stress and stress weakens the immune system. So do not panic.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, including between your fingers and under your fingernails.
- Wash your hands several times a day, especially when you come home after being outside.
- Wash your hands long enough, e.g. humming “Happy Birthday” up to twice in a row. No joke ?
- Don’t get too close to other people, but don’t hide at home either. Fresh air is good for the mucous membranes.
- Find out about the rules recommended by your government to protect yourself against infection.
How can I strengthen my immune system?
The center of the immune system is your gut, so it is important to take good care of it. Pay attention to:
- A varied diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Drink a lot, at least 2 litres a day, especially still water and tea.
- Sleep well and try to stay relaxed.
- Find out more about the immune system & the gut here.
Can the BIOMES laboratory help in the crisis?
BIOMES takes its own social responsibility very seriously and is therefore offering the German government assistance in taking out corona testing. This concerns our laboratory capacities and expertise of our scientists.
With this in mind:
Let us not be guided by panic in the current situation, but our common sense and cooperational spirit. For instance: Help people in your neighbourhood who cannot go shopping alone, stick to the rules of hygiene and above all – be nice to each other ?
Your BIOMES team wishes you all the best! ?