Lesezeit: 2 Min.
Dear BIOMES customers and business partners, we at BIOMES hope that you and your loved ones are doing well. On this page we provide some information and update you on the current status.
Updated on March 19, 2020
We continue to accept orders for our intestinal flora analysis INTEST.pro and the probiotic dietary supplement. Due to the restrictions caused by the corona virus there may be delays in shipping in some regions. Please check the tracking link of your order to stay up to date or contact our customer service. We are in close contact with our logistics partners DHL and UPS and will keep you informed about new developments.
Our laboratory is still open and is working on samples received until March 17, 2020. Currently, there may be slight delays in receiving incoming samples. All samples that have been received since the 18th of March will be stored according to professional standards and are expected to be transferred to the laboratory process on the 25th of March. As soon as this step is taken, a notification of the arrival of the samples will be sent by e-mail. Don’t worry, the DNA of your intestinal bacteria is safely conserved in the liquid in the sample container, so the sample will not lose its validity.
If you have any questions, the BIOMES customer service is there for you as usual. Simply send an email to: email@example.com or call us between 09:00 and 17:00: + 49 3375 585 62 40.
We are at your service with advice and support!
What do the BIOMES experts currently advise?
M.Sc. Philipp Franke, Laboratory Manager at BIOMES, advises not to panic. “Panic helps no one. It is important to wash your hands regularly, not to get too close to other people and to stay at home when you feel sick. I advise against the excessive use of disinfectant, as the virus can be washed off with soap. It is important to touch your face as rarely as possible and to cough in your elbows instead of your hands.
Philipp Franke’s tips in summary:
- Panic causes stress and stress weakens the immune system. So do not panic.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, including between your fingers and under your fingernails.
- Wash your hands several times a day and especially when you come home from outside.
- Wash your hands long enough, e.g. humming “Happy Birthday” up to twice in a row. No kidding
- Don’t get too close to other people, but don’t hide at home either. Fresh air is good for the mucous membranes.
- Find out here about the rules recommended by the federal government for protection against infection.
How can I strengthen my immune system?
The seat of the immune system is your gut, so it is important to take good care of your gut. Take care of:
- a varied diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- dink a lot, at least 2 liters a day, especially still water and tea.
- Sleep sufficiently and try to stay relaxed.
- Find out more about the immune system & the intestines here: https://biomes.world/wissenswertes/immunsystem/immunsystem-staerken/
Can the BIOMES laboratory help in the crisis?
BIOMES takes its own social responsibility very seriously and therefore offers the German government assistance in the analysis of the corona virus. This concerns our laboratory capacities or the expertise of our scientists.
On that note:
Let us not be guided by panic in the present time, but by our common sense and responsible cooperation. This also means: Help people in your neighborhood who cannot go shopping alone, don’t hoard, there is enough for everyone! Stick to the rules of hygiene and above all – be nice to each other 😘
Your BIOMES team wishes you all the best! 🌻